Monday, June 30, 2008

Family Dinner @ Eric Tsang's Steamboat

*Picture courtesy of 3meals.blogspot.com.. hehe thanks ya
Me and my family went out for a family dinner yesterday night (sunday 29th June). After thinking where to go for makan, we decided to try the steamboat restaurant opened by the famous HK star Eric Tsang and his fellow TVB stars. It was located in Hartamas Shopping Centre in Hartamas.

Me and my family, only four (4) of us ordered the dinner steamboat set ( for 2 -3 person) and according to the captain that it will be sufficient for the 4 of us. We proceeded for it, as most of us were very hungry already.

We had the dual soup steamboat, one side we had the Tom Yam soup and the other we have the normal soup. The place is quite big and there were quite a number of patrons. Other than having the steamboat, you may also order ala-carte dishes serve with rice.

This is what I think of the restaurant, despite its prime "location" in Hartamas (where supposedly the rich people stays) the service and decor of the restaurant is rather dissapointing. It was very sub-standard feel to it... like those Hong Kong cafes Mong Kok or kim gary cafes.

Second was its service, the restaurant wasn't packed to the max but the service was slow. I mean we ordered the steamboat dinner set, and it took more than 20 minutes to prepare. Most of the ingredients is already pre-made, like the soups, fishballs, vege, etc. I dont understand why should it take so long to prepare, I had to ask the captain about it before I could see any sort of service or serving done on my table.

And now the most crucial part of all, the food. Apparently most of the food are prepared by the restaurant, meaning there is no commercially factory made fish-ball, meat balls, etc. The soups is good too, I dont sense there is any MSG used for the soups. The food are fresh and the soup is tasty. Overall not too bad, but the portion isn't big. At the end of the meal, I dont feel hungry but I dont feel satisfied as somehow it still lacked something.

Finally the bill for that night came up to RM87 something for 4 people (inc. a pot of tea and those pesky taxes). Sorry guys, I didn't bring my camera so didn't manage to post any pics. But I borrowed pictures from 3meals.blogspot and NST Online at least you peeps can see what it looks like.


Picture taken from NST online


1 comment:

Kim said...

You should have try the one located besides os Eric Tsang's steamboat - Nagomi Japanese steamboat. I bet, it'll be truly yummy compared with the one you went.