Thursday, June 26, 2008

My office

Konnichiwa Minasan! (Trans: Hello Everyone!)

It's already 2 weeks into my new job at HSBC and I want to share with you my experience and feeling so far.

Well for starters, I'm back to a relatively medium sized cubicle (Genting Cubicle small). The increase in salary and benefits is definately very welcomed and I guess the management is another plus. An ang mo (white) company way of management is definately a big difference to the china man company (no offense ya).

My official office working hours starts from 8.45am to 5.45pm (mon-thurs) and on fridays I start at 8.45am and finishes at 4.45pm. Its a 5 days work a week and on fridays its casual wear. Although it seems like very nice working hours, but we dont really get to go home on time. Normally I will leave around 6 or 7 ish.. sometimes even 8 ish (Random one le - see work finish anot lu)

I take the LRT to work now. It saves me the hassle caught in the jam and looking for car park. I also save alot on money, because use less fuel and no car park fees.

One sad thing I found out is that this company got no Annual Dinner one wor.. So so sad.. I was wishing a huge company like HSBC will have a grand annual dinner. Hehehe.. the lucky draws should also be quite nice.. *wink wink. But to my surprise.. no annual dinner one. Sigh.


Well that's about my work so far.. I'm posting pictures of my cubicle. Enjoy!!


1 comment:

@Li3N a.k.a Jo@nN3 said...

Hey there, looks like your cubicle is almost the same size as mine. Lolz! Btw, all the best to your new job yeah.