Friday, September 7, 2007

Bags, the practical item to accesories the look


Bags, you'll bound to see a woman carrying one. Why? Its because they've got lots to carry, their make up, organiser, hair comb, creams (hand, face, etc), and god knows what. However I think its also one of the best items to accessories a look (provided you match it well).

I believe we guys are starting to hitch on the bandwagon and why not? We got lots of stuff to carry around too. Myself as an example, I would probably carry along my Nikon D40 DSLR if I could, then theres my mobile phone, and my laptop. Currently I just bring a backpack and everybody knows it's not fashionable to carry around a backpack. So you've got to pack everything in a bag and still looks good.... I'd recommend Ted Baker bags, they've got nice semi-formal bags to rugged bags for everyday use. I just love that distinct English touches in its designs. Best of all, its not extremely priced, but expect to pay in the region of RM200 - 500.



Here are a few I picked to suit different taste and styling.

The Office:


Ted Baker's 'Doyers', its a nylon bag 100% polyester and fits all your daily office needs, laptop, documents, an apple iPod, your pda or mobile, and most probably a digital camera too. It's black in color, simple and neat. Just dump all those in and go out for that meeting.

My take on the Doyers bag; its for those who is on the go but would like to retain some sense of professionalism. Nothing that will shout, "Look at my nice bag" but then again will you want so much attention carrying those important documents and a laptop?

The Casual bag:

How many of us carry a mobile phone and probably a camera out when you go to the mall with your friends and even just by yourself? I would say the numbers are growing. Cargo pants is not the answer! They are things of the past and you definitely do not look cool wearing one with all those gadgets stuffed in all the pockets.

Guys remember that there is no shame in carrying a bag, especially if that bag is designed like this two, again by Ted Baker, 'Rigby' and 'Menace'.

Menace is a modern looking bag with a few compartments for that quick easy access. You've got two compartments in front which you can place your mobile phone/pda and your digital camera. You can also place your laptop in the main compartment.
For those who prefer a more rugged and casual look like myself, you may consider the 'Rigby'.


Its a canvas weekender bag with mocked leather trimmings, khaki in color and is just great to put your camera, laptop and mobile phone. I like this one very much and I think you'll never go out in style with this number. Great for those casual walks in the mall and also as a hand luggage when you go off for the weekend.


There you go, three great bags to store your daily stuff and look good while you're at it. I know there is a Ted Baker boutique in Bangsar, however I'm not sure if they have the bags I mentioned. If you spotted them elsewhere, let me know.

Pictures sourced from tedbaker.com

No comments: